Types of Analysis
- Analysis on multiple matrix types (seeds, oils, meals, and processing materials), using globally accepted methodologies from AOCS, AOAC, ISO, IUPAC, ASTM, AACC, as well as internal benchmarks; and
- Quality monitoring, both internally and through several national and international test programs.
Areas of Analysis
- Moisture, oil content, fat composition, fat quality, antioxidants, proteins, sugars, elemental, fibre and other analyses; as well as
- Method review and analysis, nutritional labeling analysis, damaged oil studies and oil preservation studies.
- Gas-liquid chromatography (GLC);
- Gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC/MS);
- High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC);
- Inductively coupled plasma-optical emission spectroscopy (ICP-OES);
- UV-VIS spectrophotometry;
- Wet chemical analysis techniques; and
- Other methods, as required.
The AOCS Laboratory Proficiency Program, formerly the Smalley Check Sample Program, is the world’s most extensive and respected collaborative proficiency-testing program for oil and fat-related commodities, oilseeds, oilseed meals, and edible fats. More than 500 chemists participate to verify lab-quality control. Participants use AOCS or similar methods for sample analysis and then compare their results with a large cross-section of other laboratories.
Our analytical services division is also recognized by the Canadian Grain Commission for canola and flax analysis, according to WCC/RRC criteria.
Ask Our Analytical Experts
Phone: (306) 978-2826
Fax: (306) 975-3766
Ready to find out more?
Contact us for a free consultation to see how we can serve your analytical needs today.