It’s an exciting time at POS, with growing demand for our products and new work possibilities that are certain to put our company at the global forefront of the ingredients business. A firm 40-year foundation of applied R&D has positioned POS to capitalize on the ever-growing trend in health foods, specifically focusing on fortifications and nutrients that appeal to health-conscious consumers. Some of the partnerships and prospects we’re most excited about include:
- Algarithm This division of our business produces highly in-demand superior vegan Omega-3 products for optimal brain, eye and heart health. The World Health Organization recommends a diet containing 250-500mg per day of DHA and EPA.
- Lakessence (www.lakessence.com) This company produces pure, high quality Sri Lankan plant extracts, capitalizing on the burgeoning essential oils and oleoresins market. They continue to leverage POS’s oil processing expertise. Take a look at some of their products below.
- Hemp & Cannabis With legalization on the horizon, the hemp and cannabis industry is set to explode in Canada. The recent acquisition of a pilot-scale nitrogen purge spray dryer, in combination with the hemp processing license we already hold, will allow POS to venture into hemp and cannabis food products in the near future.
- Plant-Based Proteins The Canadian Government recently announced $155 million in funding for a protein supercluster (https://www.proteinindustriescanada.ca/) placing POS in a position to become the world’s leading authority on plant-based proteins.
- Artificial Intelligence/Big Data POS is in the process of developing an intelligent, predictive, big-data driven tool to support in the assessment, development and processing of new specialized ingredients.
We will be keeping our customers and the public informed with our growth as it happens. Keep watching – it’s going to be a noteworthy year.
Dale Kelly, CEO