Saskatoon's R&D Core
Think of it as 67,000-square-feet of pure innovation: Two buildings, 11 laboratories, seven dedicated pilot plant processing areas — the only facility of its kind in North America, with fully functional concept-to-commercialization capabilities.
Located within Innovation Place, adjacent to the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, Canada, POS is centrally positioned with quick access to both Western and Eastern Canadian markets, as well as the United States.
With more than $10 million in world-class equipment — including more than 1,000 assets (the majority of which are mobile) related to milling, mixing, extraction, refining, drying, evaporating, separation, and explosion-proof handling — POS is fully prepared to tackle almost any project. We’ve invested $4.5 million in new equipment over the past three years alone, and will be investing an additional $2.25 million through 2016.
Certifications & Quality Assurance
- Certification by SGS for compliance to the ISO 9001:2008 standard
- Site license provided by Health Canada for the manufacturing of Natural Health Products (NHP)
- Establishment registration provided by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) for the manufacturing of ready to eat fish and marine oil
- CFIA-approved to export fish and marine oil product
- Compliant with the Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards as recommended for the food industry by Health Canada
- Creation and implementation of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) plans
- Revenue Canada licensed, bonded manufacturer (process specific)
- GMP-trained pilot plant operating staff
- Development of sanitation validation programs
- Microbiological monitoring capabilities
- On-site consulting and evaluations of existing GMP procedures
- Ongoing monitoring of environmental issues
- Liaison with customs, excise and other relevant regulatory agencies
- Ongoing development of all quality systems
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) where applicable
- Kosher and halal processing on selected processing operations
- Organic processing operations (we are able to work with the certification body of your choice)
Interested in learning more or taking a tour of the facility? Contact us.
Ready to find out more?
Contact us for a free consultation to see how we can serve your needs today.