Lori’s goal has always been to make an impact in the world. With POS, she can.
- What is your job title?
I’m a Project Coordinator
- How long have you been working at POS?
In a few days, I will have worked at POS for 6 years.
- What types of projects do you work on at POS?
I have a small role to play in each project that runs in the pilot plant. Outside of the pilot plant, I work on a variety of projects in a supporting function.
- What do you enjoy most about working at POS?
I really enjoy the variety of processes that occur here. My day is never the same. It’s always something new and exciting.
- What attracted you to this industry in general and POS in particular?
My goal in life is to help implement change in the world, and with this industry, I indirectly can help make change. I was attracted to POS because it is a smaller-sized company, so you feel like you really make a difference.
- How would you describe your experience of working at POS? How does it compare to previous roles you’ve had?
I have never worked at a company that believes in it’s people so much. I feel very lucky to have been able to work in multiple roles within the company, starting off as an operator. In truth, I can’t compare any other position I’ve had to my current job. It’s constantly challenging me, and I find so much excitement in that!
- If you were CEO, what would be the first thing you’d do to make POS even better?
As an employee, I can’t argue with more vacation time. But as a CEO, it would be to expand our pool of trained Green belt employees. I can see it being very helpful to have a Green belt on every operations crew to help implement Lean.