Solid Systems of Support
Engineering Services. When competitiveness depends on optimal equipment efficiency, our dedicated Engineering Services Department gives clients an edge. Qualified in-house bioprocessing engineers work proactively to help ensure smoothly-running projects. When situations arise, our engineers rapidly and effectively troubleshoot to keep projects running on schedule. Improved equipment designs are often achieved via collaboration with our in-house Maintenance Department. Other engineering services for clients are provided as needed.
Materials Management. From product sourcing to procurement, warehousing, and logistics - our experienced Materials Management team can meet all the challenges and demands so that your project can proceed smoothly. They ensure timely acquisition and arrival of project materials, product integrity through appropriate storage options, and maintenance of accurate inventory systems. Their handling and processing systems are compatible with today's increasingly sophisticated technologies and heightened regulatory requirements.
Our Materials Management team includes reliable and dependable Materials representatives who are ready to assist with the movement of products and materials regardless of destination. They keep abreast on changes affecting international customs clearances, maintain effective working relationships with customs brokers to monitor carriage services, and effectively manage delays.
Materials Management provides the following:
- warehousing that follows good manufacturing procedures (GMP) guidelines
- monitoring, inspecting and documenting a product's compliance to regulations
- physical segregation of stored goods, incoming and finished material
- detailed labeling for inbound, in-process, outbound, and rejected materials
- quarantine procedures in place
- ability to regulate temperatures and meet standards of cleanliness for all facilities ranging from in-house to off-site storage, including use of preferred transportation carriers and containers.
- efficient systems for purchasing, receiving, holding, tracking and moving materials
Maintenance Department. The POS group of companies maintains an experienced and dedicated Maintenance Department to keep our equipment in optimal condition and performing to specification. Our seasoned staff includes expertise in the areas of pipefitting, electrical, millwright, and more. Here are some of the activities they routinely carry out to ensure clients' projects run smoothly:
- preventative maintenance on equipment
- equipment repairs
- equipment modifications as required by the project
- customized parts fabrication as required by the project
- installation of any specialized equipment that clients may bring in for projects
Information Services. Our experienced Information Research librarian provides business, technical, innovative and leading-edge literature research in support of the work carried out by staff and external clients.
Information services include:
- affordable and efficient information research on any topic of interest (business, technical, scientific and medical)
- a complete document delivery service with an excellent reputation for fast delivery
- an in-house collection specializing in the areas of food research and development, food processing, management and marketing, quality assurance, new product development, and the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and health food industries.
- current awareness services tailored to your needs
You can be assured that all enquiries are dealt with quickly, personally and confidentially.
Need more information? Contact us.
POS Bio-Sciences is a registered business name of POS Management Corp.