POS Bio-Sciences, located in Saskatoon, is a confidential contract research organization for grams-to-tons process and product development. We are devoted to helping companies fast track the development of superior new products and technologies using cost effective methods. POS specializes in extraction, fractionation, purification and modification of biologically derived materials. Bioprocessing industries served include food and ingredients, fats, oils and lipids, nutraceuticals and functional foods, ag biotech, animal and functional feeds, cosmetics, and fragrances.
Sounds like exciting innovation, fascinating technology and remarkable scientific research – it is, and that’s what we do, and we’re good at it – just ask our clients! Now that you know what we are, here’s who we are! POS is a dynamic organization comprised of richly diverse team members with team leaders who are engaged, motivated and accountable to their team and to the success of POS.
We are proud to be an Employee-owned company and are looking for new members who not only want to work at POS but also want to be part of our exciting business. Currently we have an exciting opportunity to join our Operations team.
- Set up, operate, and clean production equipment including centrifuges, pumps and valves
- Work on a variety of processes such as processing Edible Oil, Oilseed Pressing, Solvent Extraction, Protein Isolation and Spray Drying and with a variety of products (oils, fats, proteins, algae, etc.)
- Participate in continual improvement of processes by putting Recommendations to increase productivity and the processing capability of the plant.
- Minimum of Grade 12, with strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Initiative, good interpersonal, communication skills (especially reading and writing),strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Open to continual learning, team-player; Ability to work with people and other groups effectively with a strong commitment to a team approach to problem solving.
- Ability to perform physical tasks including moderate lifting
- Knowledge of GMP, WHMIS, HACCP would be an asset
- Class 4th Power Engineering and/or Fireman course, Diploma or Bachelor degree in Biotechnology or related fields would be an asset
Benefits of working at POS:
- Competitive wages: $17.52 per hour to start - $19.72 per hour after probation, $28.30 per hour for top Operator level with additional shift premiums: $1.10 for evenings and $1.65 for nights
- Health and Dental benefits 100% covered by POS
- Pension Plan: 1.5 times contributed by POS
- 12 paid holidays per year plus vacations
Weekly rotating shifts from Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and overtime work in a clean, safe environment
- Lots of trainings and opportunities for advancement
- Supplied uniforms; safety boots and safety glasses will be reimbursed after probation
- Free parking (power outlets in winter)
Are you interested in being one of our next team members and company owners? Interested applicants can forward resumes to:
118 Veterinary Road
Saskatoon, SK S7N 2R4
We appreciate and thank everyone for your interest in POS. Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.